How to Add or Remove Inbox Categories in Gmail?
Emails in your Gmail inbox are settled into categories, like Promotions, Primary, Updates, Forum and Social, these categories help in segregating the emails according to the choice so that the account holder doesn't see all of them at one. As it may create confusion and sometimes frustrate you in an urgent work. In the Gmail interface, a user first sees Primary tab on the top of categories list. Let’s learn how to add or remove inbox categories in Gmail account.
Follow the given below instructions:
Step1. Select your inbox style:
- Turn on the system, make sure it is connected to the internet and then open a web page.
- Visit the website Sign-In page of this email service.
- Enter the login details of Gmail. Select Sign In.
- Next, select the settings icon from the top-right corner of the dashboard.
- When the drop-down list opens up click Settings and then select Inbox tab.
- Now, in this section, select Default, Important first, unread first, Starred first, or Priority inbox.
- Select other settings, like importance markers and filtered mail.
Note: a yellow importance mark is shown on important emails to which Gmail thinks it’s important. It uses some keywords or signals to determine which messages are important, like whom your message and how often you got a reply from them, which emails a user reply to or which messages are being deleted and archived by you.
Step2. Add or delete categories:
- If a user isn’t able to see tabs in his inbox, follow these guidelines to enable inbox categories.
- Sign in to your Gmail Account by filling up correct information for an email address and the password.
- Go to the top-right corner of the interface and select the icon of settings to see more options.
- Doing this will open a drop-down list. There you have to click on Configure inbox.
- Now, examine all the options and check mark on the categories you want to use.
- If a tab is hidden for a particular category then the messages will show in the Primary tab.
- One more feature which is optional is to select whether you want starred emails to appear in the Primary tab or not.
- After making above changes select ‘Save’ button.
Note: If a user inbox has messages more than 250,000, then he will not be able to turn on inbox categories. To do this, he has to delete or archive the messages.
I hope above instructions are clear to you, if there is any confusion or query related to Gmail Account, you may contact us on Gmail Technical Support Number Australia +(61)283173468, who is very fast in providing a suitable solution for the issues. The technical team gives an instant solution to any technical error or other issue related to this email service. So, feel free to contact on this toll-free number and eliminate all the problems fast.
Also, read this blog: What Are The Steps To Send Faxes Using Gmail?